Monday, April 27, 2009

Flash in the fog

The Z28 was bright red. I bought it ready to run bracket races and put it on the street instead.I'm just shady like that.

I was 21, and I didn't even care that my car insurance bill was 20% of my income.

I didn't care about a lot of things.

Many of the insane things I did, I did in that monster of a car. Oh, it would only do about 120 on the top end. But it would get there in an eighth of a mile from a standstill.

There was an interstate that ran through town, and North of town a dozen miles or so it crossed a huge river. Sometimes the river would get fog so dense you could cut it with a knife.

Now if you've ever driven in fog you know how bright lights just make things worse. You also know to slow down because you don't want to over-drive your headlights.

So what better idea could there be than to flip on the high beams and see how fast we can go for how long in the fog, right?

Well shoot, only if you do it so wasted you couldn't see anything if it was a bright sunny day!

I have no idea why I am alive today, other than divine grace.

I sure do miss that car!

1 comment: