Monday, April 27, 2009

If not, please continue

I applied to a job posting last night. I found the craigslist entry amusing...

Are you looking to work for a traditional company?

If so...please move on to the next posting.

If not please continue.

Our company is coming to town and we are looking to bring on a experienced talent coach. This is not your sleepy non engaged company. So if you're interested in working in an environment where sit behind a desk and work in a traditional scene... I suggest you apply somewhere else.

Email for details

At the airport.

Compensation $30-40K.

I thought to myself, yeah. look at this mess of a job posting. Maybe he's afraid of hyphens. Or maybe he's just a tard. Let's see if he means any of it.

So I replied to the job posting thusly:

Four details:

I don't like traditional companies either.

I moved along to the next posting, but yours was more interesting.

I'd like to find a new career.

I make more money than you're offering as a professional bum.

And received the following reply:

Aloha!

I see your interested in working with a fresh new company that has a unique twist in travel.

To directly apply for all positions please see ourcompany.com and click the jobs selections.

Please apply through that application only.

If you want to see a little about our product look us up on you tube.

Silly company motto.

Wow. Four lines of brilliant sarcasm wasted on this cat. I don't miss often.

Try, try again.

I sent back:

Wow. You misspelled "you're", and you don't know how to include a hyperlink in an e-mail.

Yeah.

I wanna work for you.

And received the following reply:

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Thank you for your withdrawl of any consideration for a position here at our company. We are aware that not everyone is unique and exciting, and these departures from the hospitality industry leave an average individual feeling out of place. Please do not feel that you carry any responsibility for this, not everyone is suited for this brand. May your future be as bright as you allow it to be!

Silly company motto again

Roddy Flowers
General Manager

Heh. So I replied:

Ah, now you're doing much better!

See. Not only do I have a talent for sarcasm and for ticking people off, but I bring out that quality in others as well.

Perhaps I should try talk radio.

I appreciate your consideration.

Best wishes!

Maybe I'm just too unique for some jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment